Saturday 18 – Sunday 19 November 2023
A fond favourite on the multi-sport calendar, the Yamba Triathlon will return to Yamba on Saturday 18 November – Sunday 19 November 2023. On Saturday 18 November the Free Community Fun Run and Free Community Ocean Swim will return, followed by the Yamba Triathlon on Sunday 19 November.
To ensure a safe and secure event for participants and spectators, there will be a change of normal traffic conditions from 5:00am on Sunday 18 November until the last competitor has finished the race.
This event uses full road closures and shared roads:
- Full Road Closure – Roads will be fully closed to traffic. Alternative routes will be provided and signed by traffic control. We advise motorists plan ahead to ensure there are minimal delays. Local residents can access their properties under escort only. Please ring 0402 226 333 in advance to arrange the escort. Please expect some delays.
- Shared Road – this means that racing will be taking place on the road. Roads will be open to traffic as usual and cyclists have been directed to stick to the left hand side of the road. Normal road rules apply.
To avoid any confusion there will be:
- Special event signage posted throughout the community in advance of the event
- Detour signage on the event day
- Barricading to ensure cars, cyclists and runners don’t meet.
A copy of our event notification flyer will be available here soon.
We understand that this event disrupts the usual flow of traffic, and appreciate your cooperation and patience throughout the duration of the event. Every effort is being made to consider individual circumstances and minimise the inconvenience placed on the community.
We invite you to notify us of any concerns so we may make plans to accommodate your arrangements.
If you require further information please get in touch:
P: 02 8507 0796